Securing sufficient funding to provide services and facilities for local people is an ongoing task. We are constantly striving to :
- Keep our garden open for the whole community
- Support vulnerable families with young children
- Support adults with learning difficulties and mental health issues
- Give children access to nature and the chance to explore and discover
- Give people access to open space who don’t have their own garden
1. We need to raise £2500 to establish a community beekeeping project.
Please click here to support us: localgiving.org/appeal/urbanbeekeeping
We would like to help people learn about how important bees are, how a colony works, and how we can ensure bees prosper and thrive. By setting up 2 hives in our garden, we can make sure our fruit, vegetables and flowers are pollinated, teach people how to manage the bees and taste the honey produced.
Here’s what some of our service users have to say
“It’s very cramped at home, as we live in a one bed, coming here is a godsend” local parent
“I’ve been coming here since I was three and really miss it when I don’t come. I come mostly to use the pitch. I was spotted here for my football skills, now I play for Brentford” Kris aged 10
2. Organise a Corporate Volunteering day for your workplace
Here at the Calthorpe Community Garden we run amazing volunteering days for all sizes of companies. Bring your colleagues to spend a day with us helping to maintain & develop our gardens & site, whilst teambuilding and developing better working relationships.
Full details on the Corporate Team Volunteering page.